The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1a carbónde carbóncoal-fired power station — central eléctrica a / de carbón
- At the moment only two of the nation's 1,100 coal-fired plants are fueled by gasification.
- Most conventional coal-fired power stations burn coal to produce steam, which turns turbines linked to a generator.
- Coal inventories already are at historic lows, with coal-fired generation outpacing coal production.
- Not only is over three-quarters of our electricity supply coal-fired, but we are the largest exporter of black coal in the world.
- Around the country, according to industry analysts, 68 new coal-fired power plants are in various stages of planning.
- But the energy industry welcomed them, saying they were essential for maintaining coal-fired power stations.
- New power plants will always have to conform to the province's environmental standards, but even the cleanest burning coal-fired plant is a polluter.
- Workers who had the technical know-how to make coal-fired burners have long since retired, so the company has had to dust off its old designs and marry them with the latest technology.
- The trains are hauled by a genuine coal-fired steam locomotive, so passengers can marvel at all the sights, sounds and smells of an old-time steam train.
- Pollution from mercury comes from industry such as coal-fired power plants, the burning of hazardous and medical waste and production of chlorine.
- After a decade of breathing the poisonous effluent of a coal-fired power plant in a Beijing suburb, residents had finally had enough.
- Today a wind energy plant costs about the same as a coal-fired thermal plant of the same capacity; it could even be cheaper at places with high wind speed.
- Also, member states in Eastern and Central Europe are phasing out their coal-fired plants for environmental reasons.
- What really makes it stand out though, along with the delicious food they serve, is the giant coal-fired brick oven in the dining area.
- We could argue that coal-fired power stations are ugly.
- Should additional capacity be created, it would have to be through natural gas or coal-fired generating plants.
- A key part of the plan is to build no new coal-fired power stations and to retire existing ones as they reach their use-by dates.
- It turns out they thrive in water warmed by coal-fired electric power plants.
- He drinks like a camel and smokes like a coal-fired power station.
- The kitchen, with its table and coal-fired range was the main family room.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!