The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1yacimiento de carbón masculine(with masculine article in the singular) (area of working mines) área de minas de carbón feminine(area of working mines) zona de minas de carbón feminine
- In the Heshan coalfield, all coals show a strong marine influence, as indicated by the very high organic sulphur contents in the coals.
- He was interested in the local rocks, and in 1791 set up for himself in the Somerset coalfield, where he was engaged in underground mine surveys and calculations of coal resources.
- People here know there is a lot of ill health in the coalfields area, but the extent of it shocked everyone.
- During the last three centuries coal from the Yorkshire coalfields has been one of the world's major sources of power.
- It strikes back at the job losses experienced in the area's coalfields.
- The trust will take over responsibility for projects under way to transform former coalfields to woodland and open areas, including 12 across the Yorkshire region.
- Any subsidence in the Selby coalfield will be nothing like as bad, he says.
- The coalfield was comparatively recent, however - mining only began there in 1983.
- When these pictures were taken, the Lancashire coalfield boasted over 350 mines.
- The increasing impact of this group on national life was identified with dissenting religion and with rapid changes in manufacturing and industry, especially in the coalfield areas.
- The trust, set up in 1990 to safeguard the site, is leading a scheme to regenerate the former coalfield area.
- Our argument is that the job situation in the coalfield areas is not as good as it looks from the figures.
- Many of the coalfields are also in depressed areas.
- The bridge became redundant when the railway was diverted to avoid subsidence caused by the Selby coalfield.
- In the coalfields of the Appalachian Mountains, broomsedge dominates abandoned surface strip-mined areas, even after significant periods of time have elapsed since mining.
- The union's refusal to defend jobs has left mining communities throughout the Appalachian coalfields in a depression-like state.
- In the west are the Ruhr coalfields, while in the east there are large lignite deposits.
- With no new mines anticipated for the northern section of the coalfield the port's commodity hinterland had effectively vanished.
- When the mine closed he moved to the Nottingham coalfield and stayed down there.
- But in one central place it took hold: in the great opencast coalfields of Kolubara, some 30 miles south of Belgrade, which provide the fuel to generate more than half of Serbia's electricity.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!