The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de jaca
- He just untied the pack mule from its tie to the back of the cob's saddle and led him along the cobblestone path.
- He owns a pair of cobs which pull the Romany caravan he built himself, and when the mood takes him they take to the road.
- The judge said: ‘This is a superb cob and a worthy champion.’
- Rowan, a five-year-old cob and shire cross who is 16 hands tall, was trapped for six hours in a water-filled ditch at a farm.
- The head groom lent him a large, strong, dappled grey cob named Trojan.
1.2(male swan)cisne macho masculino
- The male swan, or cob was unable to free itself for three days after a fishing hook became embedded in its leg and the fishing line got wrapped around it.
- The founding member of the organisation said a male cob was mowed down as it crossed the road.
- There are ducks and cranes, and every few miles a cob and pen circle as only swans can in their own territory.
- My wife and our Labrador were attacked by a cob today, and although no physical harm was done they were both terrified.
- She said, ‘This was a large, healthy, handsome cob who was hit by a motorist and died with multiple injuries.’
2corncobmazorca (de maíz) femeninochoclo masculino América del Surelote masculino América Central, México
3Britanico(loaf)pan (redondo) masculino
- This is a sort of British chowder, which is lovely eaten with a crusty cob, heavily spread with British butter.
- This year it was his crusty and soft rolls, Chelsea buns, and large crusty cobs which caught the adjudicator's eye resulting in a cache of trophies.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!