The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1guerra del bacalao feminine
- Relations between Britain and Iceland reached crisis point during a series of ‘cod wars’ in the 1960s.
- During the 1970s he spent several holidays serving on a supply ship during the Icelandic cod wars.
- One of the few twentieth-century wars to produce an unambiguous victor was the Icelandic cod war.
- The Icelanders didn't allow the demise of their fish stocks by foreigners, witness the cod war when they kicked us out of their waters.
- On occasion, estate management involves the use of force, such as during the ‘cod wars’ of the North Atlantic.
- It followed a long and difficult campaign to persuade Whitehall it should compensate men thrown out of work after the ‘cod wars’.
- He had been thrown out of work following the cod wars and eventually became a victim of the failing industry.
- This triggered a cod war with British fishermen, who were excluded, without further ado, from a traditional fishing area.
- The 1970s saw two ‘cod wars’: small coast guard vessels would cut the trawls of British trawlers, narrowly escaping larger British navy vessels.’
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!