The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de códice
- The novelist incorrectly refers to the Nag Hammadi documents as scrolls; they are actually codices.
- The only known surviving copy of the gospel was found in a codex, or ancient book, that dates back to the third or fourth century A.D.
- He suggests that they indicate that the stone vessel may have originally contained a Maya codex, or ancient book.
- The modern book descends from the codex, not the scroll, and it inherits and develops the advantages of the form.
- For a more informed assessment of Italian culture in the early Middle Ages we can now turn to the collections of ancient Latin codices in the libraries of the period.
- Whether codex or manuscript, they were here to love real books and real words.
- These studies and sketches were collected into various codices and manuscripts, which are now collected by museums and individuals.
- Like a medieval codex, the book seems laced with charms and spells, to seduce the innocent and repel the hostile.
- She peppers her recipes with citations from the ancient Aztec codices.
- Psychomachia, an allegorical poem, is illustrated throughout, as is the case in many other codices presenting this text.
- Through the Vatican codex the text sets up an expectation that is then fulfilled in the images.
- For centuries before the codex became the normal form for the book, texts had been recorded on papyrus sheets glued together to form long rolls.
- One example is this twelfth-century illumination from another Greek codex of the book of Job.
- In AD 180 he may have known examples of the four gospels bound together in one codex.
- Linguistic or numerical listing was employed and the storage media were clay tablets, papyrus codices, leather scrolls or hieroglyphics.
- The Sierra codex was a document written by the master historian and master of deception, Crassus Syra, a runaway from home disguised as a man.
- She holds a scroll, he a codex, on both of which the writing is clearly legible.
- The later development of the codex (roughly corresponding to our present book format) made for greater ease of reference and portability.
- The original codex permitted digestible chunks of text to be presented on physical pages, but the electronic text is in essence pageless.
- Three codices survived the vandalism of Bishop Landa and these three burned around the edges.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!