Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(fuel)carbón de coque masculinecoque masculine
- The production of charcoal by heating wood in the absence of air and of coke by heating coal in the absence of air were both well known to ancient peoples.
- The coke is oxidized to carbon dioxide, which changes to carbon monoxide at high temperatures.
- In this reaction, the decomposition products of coke react with the metal oxide to produce carbon dioxide and the pure metal.
- The blowout was caused by increasing trade deficits in April, May and June and mainly due to falling exports of coal, coke, briquettes and metals.
- Rotary furnaces can use any carbon source such as coal, coke, or ebonite as reducing agent, and they can use a variety of fuels, such as oil, coal, or gas.
- They needed coke produced from coal, and it was the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway that provided their salvation.
- In most cases, one ton of coal will produce 0.7 ton of coke in this process.
- He showed how to fire up the forge in the smithy and produce coke from the soft coal.
- They are also concerned with manufacturing useful components from the materials, for example, metals, coke, and alloys.
- Although he's done a good deal of work over a coal forge, today Ridge uses a gas furnace to reduce the damage to his lungs regular exposure to burning coke and coal can cause.
- The road was built more than 100 years ago to bring coke made from the coal mined in Crested Butte to the Smelters in Aspen.
- After much failure he eventually succeeded in substituting coal for coke, and joined forces with his father at his foundry at Bersham.
- Before the discovery of large deposits of natural gas in the 1950s, gas was created by burning coal, coke, or oil.
- The opponents of free trade were by and large those interests that feared British competition in textiles, coke and coal, iron, steel, and machinery.
- Why would you want coke when coal was available, I reasoned.
- Coal scuttles are essentially the things that you use to pour coal or coke into a little pot-bellied oven that you'd have in the centre of your room to warm yourself.
- The decline of the coal industry also affected rhubarb growers by reducing the supply of cheap coal and coke used to heat the sheds.
- The traditional method for extracting pure iron from its ore is to heat the ore in a blast furnace with limestone and coke.
- In the case of making iron in a blast furnace, the carbon is added as coke, which is converted into carbon monoxide - the actual reducing agent.
- The coke is heated in an oven that has no access to outside air to burn off most of the impurities, leaving a fairly pure form of graphite.
1(cocaine)coca feminine informal
- Coke can be hard or soft depending on whether its user is an outgoing party-boy/girl, or an unstable type who needs the coke to become an interesting person.
- Was it an implication that I am a pothead, or a coke addict?
- It was coke, it was freebased cocaine, which is like homemade crack, really is what it is, and you smoke it.
- Different drugs like mescaline, coke, heroin and mushrooms are mentioned in the song.
- When the BC bud was traded for American cocaine, said elements sold the coke and were left with an embarrassing whack of cash.
- As his hand contacted her face, she ‘decided’ she no longer wanted the coke, and that she would fight her many addictions.
- Meanwhile, statuesque blonde George, a recovering coke addict, is being blackmailed by a Polish drug dealer named Broylin Grillo.
- Bizarrely, he stashes the coke in Connie's bag, then gets shot in front of Connie and Carla while shouting their names.
- Melanie also has a male friend, Brady, a recovering coke addict.
- As the money flows like water and the increasingly erratic Mirtha, a coke addict, makes things tough at home, the FBI begins to close in on poor George.
- Living with them is Nelson, Rabbit's son, at 42 a recovering coke addict and careworker recently estranged from his wife, Pru.
- Well, he's a self-deluded coke addict who got away with murder.
- A dedicated coke addict, he had fallen in with a group of low-lifes living on Wonderland Ave.
- Now, being a former coke addict myself, I know what she is going through as well as he.
- But some will decide at some point that they want to get back on the coke and stop taking the nasal spray booster and then just wait a couple of weeks before using again.
- With Azrael around and herself under surveillance, it'd be impossible to get the coke and keep it on her person, much less sell it to any given buyer.
- He offers me some of the coke, I shake my head nonchalantly.
- I remember meeting Christian at the beach; the beers, the other guys, the smoking… the coke.
- Instead, they're checking to see who had access to the coke.
1Coca-Cola feminine trademark
- There are now more non-cola drinks than there are Cokes.
- Laid out on the table were bottles of alcohol, sodas, Cokes and crisps.
- Heartened by this ambience and my recent clean bill of health, I order an apple pie and a large Coke.
- By the mid-1980s Coke was found in 155 countries, over 60 per cent of its sales were outside the United States, and more than 300 million Cokes were drunk every day.
- Think about that blown up bloated feeling you experience when you have drunk too much coffee, tea or Coke.