The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1herpes (labial) masculinoboquera femeninofuego masculino América Latinapupa femenino España coloquial
- If it had been herpes simplex (the cold sore virus), the blisters would have been uniform in size.
- They think that it might be possible to use a version of the cold sore virus herpes simplex to treat a particularly nasty form of brain cancer called glioma.
- Herpes simplex infections commonly cause either cold sores around the mouth or blisters in the genital area (also known as genital herpes).
- Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain, usually caused by a viral infection like measles, mumps, chicken pox, influenza or herpes simplex, the cold sore virus.
- Most of us have had cold sores caused by the herpes simplex virus.
- Unlike other herpes viruses such as cold sores or shingles, EBV does not usually reactivate to cause a similar illness to the original infection.
- It is a type of herpes virus, which means it is related to the viruses that cause cold sores and genital herpes.
- One possible explanation is that herpes simplex - the virus responsible for cold sores - may lie dormant in the facial nerve, then cause inflammation when it reactivates.
- While there's still no cure for the herpes virus (herpes simplex 1 causes cold sores), cold sores are treatable.
- Herpes sores usually look like blisters or cold sores.
- Mouth ulcers are different from cold sores that appear on the outer lips and are due to a viral infection.
- Dab the oil neat on to infected cuts, fungal infections such as athlete's foot, or cold sores, warts, verrucas and insect bites.
- If they have any cold or flu symptoms, cold sores, open sores, or recent exposures, they should not visit.
- It might be a cold sore, as blistering lesions around your mouth are sometimes caused by a herpes virus - HSV1 often being the culprit.
- Whereas cold sores are contagious, canker sores are not contagious - so kissing cannot spread them.
- Occasionally, a baby can also acquire herpes after birth if someone with a cold sore (oral herpes) kisses the baby.
- Scientists have been given the go-ahead for one of the biggest ever gene therapy trials to investigate whether a modified form of the cold sore virus could save people with brain tumours.
- Helen believes in keeping the virus in perspective, ‘If you get a cold sore on your mouth you don't assume you can never kiss anyone again.
- This is why you should always wash your hands after touching a cold sore, because the virus is very infectious.
- Don't pick cold sores because this may spread the virus to other parts of the body, or allow the sore to become infected.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!