Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In 1912 Braque and Picasso began to introduce collage and papier collé: this lent a clearer, if schematic, system of reference into a style which had become increasingly abstract.
- The freely crafted arrangements seem to dance in space, revisiting Rebay's fusions of collage and watercolor on paper from early in her career, such as Paper Plastic.
- Abstract expressionism, collage, surrealism, impressionism and the use of other materials were expressly banned.
- Taster sessions in drawing, art, photography, collage and sculpture were offered.
- Could you describe the cut and its relationship to formal art movements, collage, and pastiche?
- Braque soon followed with his own distinctive type of collage, the papier collé, in which he applied strips or fragments of paper to a painting or drawing.
- His creative expression is found in such diverse mediums as wood sculpture and costume, painting and collage, photography and watercolors.
- The irreverent flamboyance of pop art, collage, parody and deconstruction made offbeat performance more audience-friendly, more upmarket.
- This collection of 33 pieces contains a broad range of media including wood carvings, print, oil on paper, Indian ink drawings, collage and gouache.
- Kay Hassan's recent show at Gallery Momo incorporated works in three distinct media: watercolour, collage as well as an installation-based series of pieces.
- It's also one of the obvious connections to modernist art practices such as cubist or surrealist collage.
- His techniques included collage and tracing with carbon or wax paper.
- Picasso's oeuvre eventually becomes a kind of vast Cubist collage itself, sprawling in all directions almost to the point of incoherence.
- Pastel, gesso, watercolor, gouache, pencil, charcoal, acrylic, oil and collage all contribute to the way she constructs her images.
- The pieces were heightened by the use of various techniques such as calligraphy, collage and photography and the materials used ranged from charcoal, crayon and marker to paint.
- Similarly, artist Joanne, who works in Surrey, England, uses paint with collage and mixed media to gain both texture and depth in her abstract landscapes.
- Rosenquist transforms the materially disjunctive qualities of collage into the planar unity of painting.
- Louise is an emerging artist who prefers to work in mixed media and collage.
- She works in collage and mixed media, carving, scratching and gluing the surface texture to create ‘visual dialogue.’
- Campbell is not only an avid painter, she is also experienced in teaching, lecturing and working with collage and sculpture.