The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of coloquio
nounplural colloquiums, plural colloquia
- The abundance of conferences, symposia, workshops, colloquia, seminars, and other gatherings devoted to mathematical topics attests to a strong desire for interaction.
- Personally I will use the computer if I'm giving a colloquium or conference talk, and prefer the blackboard if I'm giving a more specialized seminar.
- Burton said, ‘There will be a lot of undergraduate and graduate students who will benefit by attending the seminars and colloquia.’
- Fellows will be invited to participate fully in the law school's rich intellectual life, including faculty workshops, colloquia and conferences.
- He had given this talk many times, at universities, scholarly institutions, colloquia, and seminars.
- The Cochrane Collaboration's decision on this question at its annual colloquium next week could have a big effect on its future
- At the time he was hired, however, MIT did not possess a research tradition; only in the late 1920s did the mathematics department begin to sponsor seminars and colloquia.
- These I presented in several conferences and colloquia, but the small frowns and quizzical looks of my colleagues deterred me from taking them any further or attempting publication.
- Professional pathology societies should hold seminars and colloquia on error reduction and patient safety and should draw safety experts from other fields into these activities.
- Philippe Vendrix then gave a short address to conclude the colloquium before we adjourned for lunch.
- A colloquium with lectures on a wide variety of topics and related workshops and tours will be held in the Great Hall of the Cooper Union Foundation Building in New York City on October 28 and 29.
- The colloquium will address questions like: ‘Can space-based infrastructures provide the most appropriate solution to narrow the gap?’
- Back in North America, the Canadian experience on the same weekend was not quite a repeat of the event of 2003; it was more in the nature of a general colloquium.
- As a result a colloquium was convened in Edinburgh last December, and guidelines derived mainly from expert opinion are being developed.
- Shortly after that I had the privilege of meeting you at a series of colloquia organised to debate the role of complementary and alternative medicine.
- The NEA brought together artists from different disciplines for two all-day colloquia to gather advice and information for the future.
- In addition to learning about budgets, staff development, community relationships and administrative law; Iyall participated in colloquiums on Native education with the others students.
- There are some sixty students currently attending courses on the story in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific, and overall about 150 students attended the colloquium.
- Peter Woit mentions a recent colloquium at Fermilab by Howard Georgi, in which Georgi discusses the lamentable under-representation of women in physics.
- Started in 1992, the colloquium gives students the chance to present papers on the results of their Women Studies research projects.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!