The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of colono
1colono masculinecolona feminine
- Earlier in our journey, we'd passed a signpost for Colonia Suiza, a town settled by colonists from Switzerland.
- Attempts by Spanish and French colonists to establish settlements were unsuccessful.
- During the early days of settlement the colonists were constantly inventing things.
- In the years following the Great War land was taken away from the inhabitants and given to colonists.
- The war began when colonists from Massachusetts Bay began pushing into territory claimed by these people.
- Somewhere in the region of 100 colonists arrived in this hot, humid, swampy atmosphere in 1607.
- The only time colonists want to talk to members of an indigenous population is when they are giving orders to the natives.
- They were introduced late in the nineteenth century by colonists alarmed by the spread of rabbits and hares.
- When the colonists arrived, language was one of the first targets.
- Most Sierra Leonean colonists, for instance, did not come from America.
- Thanks to his diplomacy the arrival of the colonists from France did not develop into an major incident.
- When the British ordered them to disperse the colonists fired back at the British soldiers.
- He says Britain should be made to compensate white farmers because colonists originally stole the land.
- What makes it so ironic is that most of these colonists are of Scottish ancestry.
- Why not recall the humanitarianism of William Penn, an early colonist who made peace with the Delaware Indians instead of warring on them, as other colonial leaders were doing?
- Each colonist has to pay his own passage and have £50 in the bank.
- By the spring of 1775, political resistance gave way to violence as war between the British and colonists broke out.
- There was thus quite a strong drive among colonists to transplant the habits of their homelands wholesale and even impose them on others.
- Two hundred and three families were selected to become Matanuska Valley colonists.
- The colonists had no say in decisions made in the English parliament.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!