The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of coloratura
- At that audition I did not have any Baroque arias prepared so I sang my usual bel canto coloratura and he hired me on the spot.
- The brilliant coloratura, effortless vocal dynamics, and beautifully rounded tone brought Joan Sutherland to mind.
- Not only does she trill and sing accurate coloratura, she also gives a searing portrayal of Irene.
- Their legacy is a series of low coloratura contralto roles which serve to add variety and depth to the operas.
- She may lack Bartoli's vocal virtuosity and sparkling stage personality, but her Angelina conveys its own quiet charm, and Rossini's florid coloratura writing never fazes her.
- Thousands greeted Jenny Lind's arrival in New York Harbour but they expected to hear coloratura fireworks, not art songs of Mendelssohn.
- The musical style is full of charming melodies and a lightness of touch, a predilection for woodwind, simple diatonic writing contrasted by more chromatic and coloratura writing for the heroic and virtuous characters.
- Erna Berger was born in 1900 near Dresden, and by the time she was 30, she had made a name for herself in Germany singing light soprano and coloratura roles.
- Yet she must also be able to sing a delicate cantabile line (with beautiful pianissimos) and brilliant coloratura.
- The real vocal star is Katharine Goeldner as the knight Ruggiero, giving as spectacular a demonstration of mezzo-soprano coloratura virtuosity as you are likely to hear anywhere today.
- John Pead, tenor, started our programme with two arias from Handel's Rodelinda, showing a considerable virtuosity, the first with elaborate coloratura, the second more melancholy and sustained.
- So, to me, this part is not just about coloratura acrobatics.
- In the mid 19th century the increase in the size of opera houses and concert halls meant that there was an increased emphasis on singers' power at the expense of agility and less emphasis on coloratura.
- Giovanna's coloratura holds no terrors for her, and the assurance of her technique - every note is hit dead on - is matched only by her assured interpretation.
- Some may be put off by the sheer ferocity of her coloratura and expressive devices, but I find them apt, thrilling, and awesomely accurate.
- With her volleys of coloratura and seductive (yet false) warmth, she is a stunner.
- Her coloratura singing was often breathtaking!
- She sings some of the most challenging coloraturas ever written and it must be stated that Slawitscheck has a wonderful voice able to master these difficult musical problems.
- You can't relax your brain even for a second, otherwise you will lose a lot of notes doing those fast coloraturas.
- Although singing most of the time only mezzo forte, his pronunciation is good, his coloraturas flow weightlessly and his piano is clear and sure.
2also coloratura sopranosoprano ligera de coloratura feminine
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!