The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of conmutación
- A main switching element is provided to turn ON and OFF an input voltage, and a synchronous commutating switching element is provided to perform synchronous commutation of a load current.
- With a 17-mm diam and lengths of 17 or 24 mm, a series of motors has high efficiency and long life, due to a precious metal commutation and neodymium magnets.
- Very many DC motors (brush-type) have built-in commutation, meaning that as the motor rotates, mechanical brushes automatically commutate coils on the rotor.
- Jones then applied to the State Board of Pardons and Parole for commutation of the sentence to life imprisonment, which was denied.
- The death penalty may only be imposed for the most serious crimes with sentenced persons enjoying the right to seek a pardon or other commutation of the sentence.
- A similar provision covers the issue of pardon or commutation of sentence.
- It states that ‘Anyone sentenced to death shall have the right to seek pardon or commutation of the sentence.’
- His commutation of those death sentences to a maximum of life in prison makes any future execution in Illinois - formerly site of one of the nation's largest death rows - at best a distant prospect.
- Still, four governors have turned down Williams's application for a commutation of his sentence.
- The president can stop executions by granting executive clemency or a commutation of the sentence.
- They have called for the commutation of the death sentences to life imprisonment.
- Those who serve a set sentence and are entitled to a commutation of their sentence would have to serve between 20 to 30 years in prison, instead of the original minimum of seven years.
- It was here that we found the four petitions that sought pardon or commutation of his death penalty.
- Each state has its own procedure for requesting a pardon or commutation.
- If he granted a blanket commutation, it would be just to make it life in prison without parole.
- She received the same, but with a commutation to 25 years in prison.
- Or that the large number of prisoners removed from death row in recent years by commutation and technical legal appeal somehow prove that hundreds of innocent convicts are on the edge of state-sanctioned death.
- We've asked for a commutation to straight life which would give Stacey a chance for parole after 15 years.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!