The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of compatriota
1compatriota masculine, feminine
- Currently, he has come back to his home country to help boost the national spirit of his compatriots.
- The two losers got to follow in the footsteps of their fellow compatriots by walking the plank.
- I can't claim to be a socialist if I'm not prepared to help my fellow compatriot when I can.
- If his native tongue did not qualify him to join his compatriots in singing the anthem, his body language was fluent enough.
- One of my compatriots is working on a plan to get us back to the level of protection before Hurricane Katrina.
- The disco-loving teenager became a team player, and the bond between her and her compatriots was highlighted in Sydney.
- Few of her compatriots - those watching and those queuing overnight for a glimpse of the show courts - are able to do that.
- Cortez's case struck a responsive and sympathetic chord in the hearts of his compatriots.
- It sounded positive, but those evenings will be a lot more fun if Woods delivers, and inspires his compatriots, on the field of play.
- From the past sorrows, we derive our self-respect to love our compatriots.
- Like many of her compatriots, she has been away from home a long time.
- But, it seems, fans of the present generation have time only for their own compatriots.
- They have proven time and again that they are head and shoulders above their sporting compatriots in Ireland.
- At the end of their contracts, his two compatriots headed home for Spain, while Martinez signed for another four years.
- The Frenchwoman then suggested that her compatriots may simply have voted no because they do not know enough about Europe.
- There's a subliminal message to my compatriots in this video too.
- He was ‘mellow’ by now according to one of the compatriots who had accompanied him to Scotland.
- I want the cosmopolitan feel of a newspaper that I know is also read by several hundred thousand of my compatriots at least.
- I guess this is a tad defensive, but I don't like seeing my compatriots dissed by someone who should know better.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!