The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
verbo intransitivo complies, complying, complied
1to comply (with sth)
- The government did not comply with the protestors' wishes in either case.
- I am a firm believer that relatives should try to comply with the wishes of their loved ones.
- One theory is that she may have refused to comply with his wishes, adding to his frustration.
- The university has since claimed that it is unable to comply with the government request.
- Each group must argue their case and each must try to persuade the other to comply with its wishes.
- He also pleaded guilty to failing to comply with a notice requesting the removal of the waste within the specified time.
- The men claim they were not obliged to comply with requests that had not been lawfully issued following a board meeting.
- If you are unable to comply with the notice by the above date then you should inform me of the reasons in writing as soon as possible.
- Half an hour later I managed to force my eyes open to comply with his request.
- Some of the reporters thought this was odd, and they didn't want to comply with his request.
- All they need do to escape it is to comply with and respect the law by reducing their speed.
- Her family visited their cousin only in the winters, and complying with her wishes, I did not dare to follow her once she had left.
- The first to comply with their request will be awarded one of the numerous attractive spot prizes.
- Why would people comply with requests made to them, when they can say they will not give evidence?
- High risk clients were likely to attend the clinic on impulse but were unlikely to comply with a request for a repeat test.
- They are expected to be obedient and comply with requests from adults immediately.
- The staff were clear that they were not going to comply with his request.
- I will take your failure to comply with this reasonable request as a refusal.
- Passengers that refuse to comply with a request to disembark could face action from the airline.
- Please provide us with your prompt written assurance that you will comply with this request.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!