The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de abonar
1abono orgánico masculinoabono vegetal masculinocompost masculino
- compost heap
- compost pile
- Mulch with an organic material such as compost or alfalfa hay.
- Amend soil regularly with compost and apply organic mulches continually to enrich your soil.
- There is no fertilizer better than compost, and you can make it yourself for free!
- For best performance amend the soil with organic matter such as compost before planting.
- Making leaf mould is different to making general garden compost in that only the leaves are used.
- Even a newbie to composting can make good quality compost.
- Garden compost is not really suitable for this purpose because it contains weed seeds.
- My job was to add fresh compost to the rows to make them rich for planting.
- I watered the planting area for each one with several litres of water, then added some fresh compost.
- Add a little compost to the soil and fork in lightly, mulch and water.
- I recycle all my fruit and vegetable scraps to make compost for my garden.
- Adding compost to heavy clay soil improves drainage by improving soil structure.
- Mix plenty of compost into the soil, or grow the trees in raised beds.
- Mulch in late winter with any organic material such as home-made compost, leaf mould or composted bark.
- If it's bad, mix 1 cubic foot of compost into the backfill.
- I dug big planting holes, though, and mixed large amounts of compost into the backfill.
- Even with Betty's method of making compost, some ingredients tend to smell.
- Place in a conservatory or warm greenhouse and keep the compost moist.
- Place in a well-lit spot and keep the compost lightly moist.
- They spread the compost before plowing in the spring.
1(make into compost)(grass) convertir en abono
- You can compost fruits, vegetables, tea bags and coffee grounds, as well as leaf and yard waste.
- During the composting season, check your bin regularly to assure optimum moisture and aeration are present in the material being composted.
- At this time of year it's also important to regularly remove dead flowers and leaves from plants and then compost this material for later return of the nutrients to the beds.
- As another continuing farm project, Mark uses worms to compost cow manure and coffee hulls.
- If the industry was serious about conserving supplies it would invest in water saving devices or compost the manure but that might cut profits, so they don't.
- Finally, the district will soon be getting a grant for vermi-composting, which uses worms to compost organic matter.
- This involved separating their waste into bins for glass, tins and paper, then composting suitable material.
- When crops are growing in the fields, the manure is composted and applied to the land later.
- He filled the tanks with a mix of 3 parts composted organic matter and 1 part each soil, sand, and pumice.
- It's best not to compost fruit and leaves unless you know your pile gets hot enough to kill the pests.
- As municipalities launch programs to collect and compost household food waste, interest in degradable plastics is on the rise.
- The only environmentally acceptable way to improve the earth is to compost banana peels and recycle soy milk cartons.
- One of the easiest ways for a household to reduce their level of waste is to start composting their rubbish.
- All through the summer I've been collecting and composting the used coffee grounds from work.
- Any manure, hay or other organic material must be composted fully before usage to make sure it contains no surviving and active seeds to add to your problems.
- You could use horse manure, but make sure it is composted.
- Most other plant residues can be composted, if you have a well-maintained compost pile which generates enough heat to kill disease pathogens.
- They bent their shoulders and backs to compost hay, manure, and field stubble, and transplanted plants from the woods into their own yards.
- They share a powerful shredder, and compost all healthy plant material.
- It is unlikely there will now be much left in our grey bin, given that my household already recycles many other waste items and composts green and kitchen waste.
2(fertilize with compost)(garden) abonar
- When planting tulip or daffodil bulbs in a formal display it pays to make sure that the soil has been well composted and forked over beforehand.
- They like shade and composted soil and plenty of water.
- He saw how well the tomatoes flourished in that dark composted soil.
- It climbs by means of tendrils and is best grown in a composted soil supported by a fence or trellis.
- For those of you who suffer from an inordinate amount of clay in your soil, composting is the answer.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!