Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1farsante masculine, feminineestafador masculineestafadora feminine
- Tax preparers who claim they can wipe out your tax bill by exploiting hidden tax loopholes are usually con artists.
- The growth of online shopping has created a wealth of opportunities for con artists.
- The truth is, con artists prefer intelligent people.
- A lot of the con artists I've arrested are unbelievably charming.
- Good con artists invest a lot of time figuring out which kinds of people are most vulnerable to which kinds of scams.
- Knowing how these scams work can help you avoid getting ensnared in a con artist's trap.
- I get more confessions from con artists than from any other kind of criminal.
- Some con artists have used this tactic to get financial information from students.
- Street-level con artists know that what they're doing is a crime.
- In Paris, Candide falls ill and loses money to various con artists.
- Travelers, long beleaguered by pickpockets and con artists, are increasingly targeted by identity thieves.
- Some con artists use names that sound like those of well-known charities in an effort to confuse potential donors.
- They hide out along the river, are almost killed by robbers on a wrecked boat, and meet two con artists who call themselves the King and the Duke.
- The agency also has been accused of funding con artists and companies linked to the Mob.
- Con artists are a fruitful subject for movies and yet seldom come through with the goods.
- The con artists are careful not to get ripped off themselves, and no transaction takes place without first checking the validity of the numbers.
- With a history of con artists using small companies as a base to defraud the public, anything that smacks of looser controls makes regulators squeamish.
- They were simply conned by the biggest con artist New Zealand has known for decades.
- Increasingly con artists are turning their attention to electronic means of securing our personal details, often using old-fashioned tricks of persuasion.
- George says he knows a con artist when he sees one.