Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- In solids that conduct electricity, heat conduction is further enhanced by the drift of free electrons.
- Under equal electrochemical potential gradients, conduction of protons across ion channels occurs at a rate typically an order-of-magnitude higher than that of other small ions.
- Vanadium-vanadium bonds are stable below the transition temperature, which ‘lock’ the electrons and prevent conduction.
- The thermal emissions come to the surface through heat conduction in a few milliseconds as a function of the pulse energy and the synchronized signal capture.
- The successive hops clearly do not have to involve an individually tagged proton; in this respect, proton currents resemble electrical conduction in a conductor.
- The disk is cooled primarily by conduction across the gap region, which can be filled with high-thermal-conductivity gases like helium.
- ‘This is opposite of what you would think in terms of simple and ordinary heat conduction,’ Dlott said.
- Their research shows that the surfactant layer must be analyzed in terms of its vibrational couplings, rather than by ordinary heat conduction.
- A mixture optimized for a single property, such as heat conduction, looks like blobs of one material suspended in another.
- Electrical wiring and telephone lines can transmit such signals by conduction; walls can vibrate subtly, as can pipes, beams, ducts, and the like.
- Electrical conduction is the net motion of electric charge, and it cannot take place without the motion of matter on some scale.
- So far, electron conduction has only been found in a few, high electron-affinity organic semiconductors, until now.
- Heat will only leave the container by radiation, convection and conduction if the temperature of the container is higher than the surroundings.
- Now physicists at Northwestern University show that, using the fact that electrons carry heat as well as charge, the conduction of heat may be similarly tuned.
- A hot copper cube in contact with a cold iron cube would, for example, heat it primarily by conduction.
- There are four processes by which the body rids itself of excess heat: conduction, convection, radiation, and evaporation.
- This is the concept behind electrical conduction.
- Heat gain or loss results from four heat exchange processes - convection, conduction, radiation and evaporation.
- Better heat conduction allows cooler internal operating temperature and hence less cracking and longer life.
- Can we predict the temperature profile from the known geometry and heat conduction of water?