The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1azúcar glas(é) masculinoazúcar flor masculino Chileazúcar en polvo masculino Colombiaazúcar impalpable masculino Río de la Plata
- Their capsicums or bell peppers are merely our sweet peppers, scallions are our spring onions, shrimps are our prawns, and confectioner's sugar is our icing sugar.
- Prepare the glaze: put the confectioner's sugar in a small bowl, and pour in some lemon juice, a little at a time, whisking until the glaze gets to the right consistency, thick and syrupy.
- Sieve confectioner's sugar all over the surface.
- The fondness of the British for this substance is illustrated by the fact that confectioner's sugar, a fine white powder, is known as icing sugar in Britain.
- Sift confectioner's sugar over the top of the cake and serve warm.
- The ingredients are simple: butter, sour cream, baking soda, flour, sea salt, sugar, almond paste, 4 egg yolks, almond extract and confectioner's sugar for dusting.
- The top-right corner of the plate had been dusted with confectioner's sugar in a rectangular pattern, and caramel sauce had been deposited in a line of dots of increasing size, parallel to the cake.
- Those crispy little cookies, pink and rectangular with a dusting of confectioner's sugar, are a specialty from Reims, the largest city in the region of Champagne.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice-cream in the center of each plate, surround with the warm gnocchi and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Pour about two tablespoons of confectioner's sugar in a small bowl.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar just before serving, warm, at room temperature or cold.
- Dust the top with confectioner's sugar if desired - and if it's not meant to be a birthday cake!
- For dessert we had the orange zagora, a simple little treat, but tasty: orange slices powdered with cinnamon and confectioner's sugar.
- Homemade marshmallows are dusted with confectioner's sugar and cut in squares.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 pound confectioner's sugar with 3 egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- ‘This cake is so moist and delectable that a dusting of confectioner's sugar is all you need to top it,’ he says.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!