The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The victim of the confidence game refuses to believe that he is being relieved of his money and dignity, but an ignominious fate awaits him every time.
- He asserted: ‘The whole arrangement is nothing less than a confidence trick perpetrated by the Government against people.’
- In the absence of a supportive fundamental backdrop, a ‘strong dollar’ policy is in reality nothing but an elaborate confidence trick.
- We would argue that this whole process of jawboning the markets is part of an elaborate confidence trick on the part of the Fed.
- Lip Service thus becomes a kind of a confidence trick, a bait-and-switch technique in which readers are not dupes but co-conspirators.
- In the face of the booms and busts of the capitalist economy, the confidence game of shrewd deception and cool risk taking was often what was required - and secretly admired.
- In fact, the struggle turns out to be not just a confidence game, but a con game, a cognitive distortion, a self-fulfilling prophecy, the best excuse in the world for not writing.
- Comedy is a confidence trick: we have to believe we are in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing.
- After a while it reads like a confidence trick, and leaves one uneasy.
- Not many people would stand here and be told that the system they have been born into is no more than a confidence trick.
- I strongly suspect that nobody would ever receive any goods in return for money sent in - thus making anybody who displayed the links party to a confidence trick.
- The ideological confidence trick by both the presidential candidates led to nothing but public confusion and thus a neck and neck fight.
- I got half way through, and never finished it, so the confidence trick, coin magic and prison entries remain unfinished to this day.
- This confidence trick, for that is what it is, has been condemned by the social teaching of the church.
- The reason is simple, the facts will not support the confidence trick they have played on the public.
- The boy was then chased and subjected to a cruel confidence trick before being punched in the stomach.
- It's a confidence game updated and used for political, or in this case, the artist's, purposes, which seem to lie partly in sowing confusion.
- But of course the American media couldn't see it this way without jeopardizing the confidence game it administers.
- Everyone who is responsible for the security of computer systems should take care to ensure they are following legitimate advice, and not falling for this kind of confidence trick.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!