Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1estafador masculineestafadora femininetimador masculinetimadora feminine
- Another common name for this type of swindler or confidence trickster was magsman, originally the name for a man who ran a pitch-and-toss game, which was itself sometimes called magflying from the mags, halfpennies, which were used in it.
- Jerry is a confidence trickster, sidelining as a cut-price assassin.
- But it is also the hallmark of the confidence trickster down the ages.
- They are then only too willing to add more money and attract other investors to this wonderful opportunity - which is exactly what the astute confidence trickster is counting on to continue growing his pyramid.
- While seeking to recover their money from a confidence trickster, for instance, they are apprehended by police who mistake them for car thieves.
- There has even been the discovery of the ultimate internet fear, the confidence trickster masquerading as an internet company.
- He was a confidence trickster and was very clever at getting people to take his side.
- What can you say about a boy who starts off in his teens as a confidence trickster, an embezzler, a forger; a teenager who passes himself off as an airline pilot, a doctor and a lawyer, before he is finally arrested by the FBI at the age of 21.
- He would be a confidence trickster who would take his customers for a ride because he is not really interested in them coming back to him again and again.
- Eighteenth century playwrights and novelists often made their hero a criminal, a highwayman or confidence trickster.
- A male model recruited by an ‘unscrupulous and sophisticated’ team of international confidence tricksters to help defraud St Paul's Cathedral of £100m has been jailed for six months.
- Of course, not all ‘alternative’ practitioners are deliberate fraudsters or confidence tricksters.
- ‘From the safe world of his Yorkshire library information desk Frank finds himself in a world of confidence tricksters and sadistic villains,’ said the spokesman.
- There are others who believe they were betrayed by an organization of cheap confidence tricksters and want to tell the world about it.
- To work, films about confidence tricksters need an intricate, believable or ingenious plot and some engaging characters.
- I read about 30 books, watched numerous films and spoke to real life confidence tricksters.
- I ordered every book I could find that dealt with confidence tricksters.
- Call it greed, ignorance or gullibility, some people will always be the ‘marks’ - easy prey for the confidence tricksters.
- It has been brought to my attention that the Republic's children are dismissed from school for the summer, making them vulnerable to indulgence, sloth, gluttony, and the enticements of various confidence tricksters.
- Lies come in many different shapes and sizes, from the white lie with no bad intent, to destructive and elaborate acts of deception - the kind practised by confidence tricksters, or, in recent years, some high profile politicians.