The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de confiscar
1confiscardecomisarto confiscate sth from sb — confiscarle / decomisarle algo a algn
- Authorities also began confiscating firearms from civilians.
- It was the first time the authorities had confiscated vessels in their battle to clamp down on illegal fishing.
- If you violate the country's camera use rules, they may confiscate your equipment and we have absolutely no recourse.
- This is considered such a serious crime that, if caught, the law has the authority to confiscate the vehicle.
- This law is seldom enforced, but the next morning the authorities agreed to confiscate our little chimpanzee.
- Police raided the headquarters of a group co-ordinating the protests, arresting dozens of activists and confiscating equipment.
- Anyone found guilty in court of operating a pirate radio station could find all their equipment and records being confiscated.
- It was later confiscated by suspicious guards and, phlegmatically, he simply started all over again.
- There will be new powers to fine noisy neighbours £100 and confiscate stereo equipment.
- To increase pressure on the strikers guards began confiscating the inmates' snack foods, and the prison sent a medical officer around to check daily on every hunger striker.
- They had licenced security guards at the gates confiscating any alcohol or drugs found upon entry (yes, they searched every car on the way in).
- But they found all this electrical equipment and they confiscated the lot of it.
- More computer equipment was confiscated from me, and again was not returned until six months later.
- Police would be called if a need to confiscate equipment arose.
- I took a photo, to show you the unbelievable filth, but they confiscated my camera.
- The order, once implemented, would give officers powers to stop someone drinking in a public place and to confiscate any alcohol.
- They will have no powers of arrest, but will be able to issue fixed penalties and confiscate alcohol.
- All I know is that a gun was confiscated and that the appropriate steps have been taken.
- Where appropriate they also confiscate alcohol from under age drinkers.
- He showed them some cannabis claiming he had confiscated it from others.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!