The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of biela
- The connecting rod connects the piston to the crankshaft.
- Strengthened with brass bearings, piston pin bosses and connecting rods, small ends have a trapezoidal shape and thus more bearing surface area to absorb combustion forces, a premium engine feature.
- The increased mechanical advantage of the connecting rod mitigates the power loss, but it's a fact of life that power drops off faster at leaner mixtures.
- This section of shaft leads beneath broken plates to the remains of the steam engine, a crankshaft with connecting rods leading to badly broken pistons.
- In an internal-combustion engine, the pressure produced by expanding gases acts through the pistons and connecting rods to push against the crankshaft, producing torque.
- The piston is connected to the crank shaft by a connecting rod.
- Assembled with aftermarket steel cranks and connecting rods, these engines have exceptional life expectancy.
- For the engine, there are camshafts, crankshafts, valves, connecting rods, and balance shafts.
- Today, titanium usage is in the 400 to 500 ton per year range and is making gains in the automobile marketplace in the form of springs, exhaust systems, engine valves and connecting rods.
- Minimizing the load carried by half the pistons and connecting rods trims friction and reduces energy losses to the cooling system.
- Oil is not mixed with the gasoline but remains completely separate in the crankcase, where it lubricates the crankshaft, connecting rods and cylinder walls.
- The crankshaft and connecting rods are visible through the sides of the engine block.
- The translational motion of the piston is then converted into rotational motion via the connecting rod and the crankshaft bearings.
- They value it in critical, highly stressed areas such as connecting rods, transmissions, lubricant pumps and steering gear.
- The connecting rod is attached to a crankshaft, which changes the piston's up-and-down motion into a circular motion.
- Fire investigators found that a connecting rod had separated from a piston and broke through the outer engine casing.
- There isn't much left, just the crankshaft and some bits of connecting rod, but no pistons.
- There is also a new connecting rod that is combined with a revised piston design.
- This fortuitous design confined the damage to just the number six cylinder, piston, and connecting rod.
- The energy captured by such wheels in the form of rotary motion is usually transmitted via a connecting rod to some kind of machinery.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!