The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
cláusula que salvaguarda la libertad de conciencia
- One judge has suggested that a doctor who invokes the conscience clause should refer the patient to a colleague at once but he did not go so far as to decide that there was a legal duty to do so because that was not in issue in the case.
- Section 3 is a conscience clause, allowing anyone to opt out of the ‘medical procedure’ mentioned in section 1.
- Additionally the debate about reinstating the conscience clause, which would allow dioceses to refuse to ordain or recognize women clergy, has been resurrected.
- Some said it was a conscience clause; that's good.
- The pharmacists upheld their right to deny service based on the conscience clause by which they practice.
- Nurses with strong objections to abortion can invoke a conscience clause which protects them in law from working in this area.
- A new Vaccination Act in 1898 removed cumulative penalties and introduced a conscience clause, allowing parents who did not believe vaccination was efficacious or safe to obtain a certificate of exemption.
- Attempts have been made to ignite the fears of the electorate by saying that the conscience clause in the act could deprive women of medical treatment.
- It was interesting to note that nurses are afraid to invoke the conscience clause permitting them to refuse to work with abortions because they fear for their jobs.
- By giving pharmacists a conscience clause for their working practices opens up an entirely dodgy grey area that probably should not be allowed to exist.
- Mississippi, South Dakota and Arkansas already have these ‘conscience clauses’ worked into legislation.
- Some states have ‘conscience clauses’ that exempt pharmacists from dispensing drugs that have to do with women's reproductive freedom.
- Added to growing economic pressures, Catholic health-care facilities in several states also face the repeal of legal ‘conscience clauses’ that have allowed them to protect their Catholic ethos and to follow Catholic medical ethics.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!