The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of envío
1(goods sent)envío masculineremesa feminine
- He'd supervise the delivery of vast consignments of drugs and olive oil until he decided to go into business for himself.
- Excise diversion fraud involves the falsification of export documents so that consignments of alcohol purportedly destined for the continent are diverted to the home market without payment of excise duty.
- The minority of farmers involved in this practice pay dealers to deliver consignments of sheep to their farms.
- Their familiarity with export licensing and their ability to corrupt officials and hide illicit cargo in legal consignments could all assist nuclear smuggling.
- They had observed deliveries and collections and knew it was the practice of security companies to put the smallest amount of cash into the first consignments loaded into the vans.
- Typically, criminals will divert consignments destined for a bonded depot straight to consumers where they will be sold without tax being paid.
- One of the biggest consignments of drugs by mail found was more than 16,000 ecstasy tablets seized in 2004.
- If large consignments of brown trousers and bicycle clips are not being delivered to the back door of Number 10, then its denizens are too stupid to survive.
- I am further advised that a temporary hold on consignments of beef products from Canada will remain in place until further information is available from Canada.
- The anti-theft tags are designed to disrupt the criminal networks that target consignments of goods destined for high street shops.
- In Nigeria, huge consignments of drugs expired due to lack of effective controls and delivery procedures.
- Coming back to the US are consignments of drugs, especially cocaine.
- The bulk of the cannabis comprised a small number of large consignments, concealed in ‘cover cargoes’, that were detected at Dublin Port.
- Various items have been seized in recent days and weeks, ranging from illicit consignments of cigarettes to more egregious commodities such as illegal drugs.
- He said: ‘It's a massive haul, one of the biggest consignments seized and by far the biggest by air.’
- He would unlock the warehouse and let the men in, but did not help unload the drugs or hide them among legitimate consignments, such as washing powder.
- As an example, I was given a drug dealer who spoke to his confederates about consignments of marmalade.
- Rather than attack us directly, the Germans have been creeping in the back door by sending large consignments to Ireland which have then been reprocessed and forwarded on to Britain, often under another label.
- If the EU commission is serious about consumer safety all consignments of grain and feed ingredients entering the community should be tested for the presence of harmful residues.
- Other smaller consignments were also stopped, ranging in size from 14 kg to 50 kg blocks, as the drugs were shuffled from storage places to dealers across the south.
2(sending)envío masculinegoods for consignment to Athens — mercancías para ser enviadas a Atenas
- on consignment — en consignación
- Customers then receive email replies that provide a full status report on each consignment, from collection and delivery times to the name of the person who signed for the shipment.
- In the evening, lulled by the callousness of another day of sameness, we cast the issue upon a stack in a proscribed corner of our homes, for consignment to the kabariwalla at the end of the month.
- The Claimants say it is up to the Defendants to satisfy themselves that any given consignment of goods is legitimate; and if it is not, they act at their peril.
- There are basically three venues offered to you: you can sell wholesale, or through consignment, or via shows where you are personally present.
- We specialize in consignment of vehicles and currently have over 100 vehicles on our lot.
- Provisions for the consignment of liquid nitrogen shall also be fulfilled.
- Provide a copy for the livestock transporter to complete the transporter declaration for the consignment of pigs and retention in transporter company records.
- on consignment — en consignación
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!