Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(continual)(pain/complaints) constante(pain/complaints) continuothe fax is in constant use — el fax se usa continuamente
- However, the 9 percent difference in speed has remained constant over the years.
- Only the ratio of the imports of services to total services produced has remained roughly constant during this period.
- Control bag pH was similar to pH in the lake and remained relatively constant throughout the six-week period.
- All definitions remained constant throughout the study period, with the exception of the methodology for counting tests.
- Consequently, the fructose concentrations remained constant during the feeding period and decreased slowly afterwards.
- Although metabolic rate may decline during this period, protein catabolism probably remained rather constant.
- Over short periods of time the growth rates remain virtually constant.
- As previously noted, however, this ratio has remained largely constant for lower-income households as with all others.
- According to the report, while government aid has remained fairly constant for college students, tuition increases have outstripped the aid.
- Statistics compiled for the Group show that the male suicide rate has more than doubled over the past twenty years while the female rate has remained fairly constant.
- However, taste, smell and touch can remain fairly constant well into our seventies and eighties, provided that we don't neglect them.
- The number of serious and complicated grievances like infection control issues remained fairly constant throughout the year.
- The expansion of the university sector has meant more degree holders, but the number of jobs has remained roughly constant.
- So while the share per head of population remains roughly constant, the share for Scotland as a whole is getting smaller.
- It was 75 degrees outside but the bedrooms remained at a constant minus 10 degrees somehow.
- He also noted a rise in pupils staying away from school, although truancy rates remain largely constant.
- The actual number of people living in dire poverty has remained roughly constant, at about 1.2 billion.
- Test-retest reliability examines the temporal stability of a measure or how constant scores remain from one occasion to another.
- It is important to have a continuous and constant flow rate.
- The reason why different methods can produce widely different results is because a mobile phone does not produce a continuous, constant radiation level.
- The constant noise continually startled Gracie and Leah's work.
- There's a pirate with a wandering wooden eye who's good for a chuckle, and it's fun to see a pirate tavern where the bar fights are just the constant background noise.
- They are however symbolic of a constant noise in the background.
- In the longer term, sustained improvements in competitiveness require continuous macroeconomic stability and constant vigilance on the part of individual firms.
- One of the reasons why means are more frequently analysed than ends is because ends are so subjective, contingent, and in constant flux.
- And then the constant repetition and continuous coverage has been astounding.
- Yet still his constant writing and reviewing continued.
- The old fire engines have meant that the staff are subjected to constant breakdowns and are continually looking for spare parts.
- This season he has been troubled by a groin injury and while receiving constant treatment continues to play.
- This initiative should be seen as the right way to treat employees, not an opportunity to continue the constant sniping.
- The constant spin continues to cancel out the effect of gravity, and keeps the wheel upright.
- But his continual torment, his constant wishing to be with the dead, made him certain he could not stand living much longer.
- Many systems survive for decades, undergoing constant tweaking and continual evaluation.
- Above decks there was constant activity as repairs continued to the newly acquired British ship.
- The two voices behind him had continued in a constant drone since he got on.
- His mother would be unable to continue her constant harping on his bachelor status.
- It will always need constant regeneration, constant effort, and constant activity to continue.
- Let me tell you about the non-stop insanity, the constant chaos, the perpetual pandemonium.
- In clothes stores, sandwich bars, gyms and coffee shops we face a constant barrage of background music - music we notice but rarely listen to.
- There's a constant background hum of machinery, the sound of switches being flicked and the astronauts around you going about their routines.
2(unchanging)(temperature/speed) constantecalculated at constant prices — calculado a precios constantes
- expressed in constant dollars — expresado en dólares constantes
- expressed in constant dollars — expresado en dólares constantes
- At that very road crossing, he had said a tearful good-bye to his constant companion and best friend.
- They are constant companions - unchanging, unchangeable.
- For the glitterati, pets very often are their most devoted and constant friends and, therefore, enjoy the best money can buy.
- Apprehension is the constant companion of the true lover.
- And from a total of 33 constant friends, only half a dozen are ‘bosom buddies’.
- He has been my constant companion for over 11 years and a more faithful and devoted one I shall never have.
- They would waltz in and out of my life at intervals and so I theorized that I got ‘used’ to not having any constant friends around.
- Having a good, constant friend is important, and being in a prosocial peer group where one is accepted is even better.
- The radio was her constant friend and always at her bedside.
- Those books are my constant friends and if they look a bit tattered and worn, well, so do I.
- Not only would I be leaving my father, I would also be leaving behind my friends, who have been my constant companions since the beginning of my youth.
- I even found my old friend steamed broccoli, along with his constant companion, baked chicken without the skin.
- But it didn't seem to matter as much, because I found a constant friend, Madelyn.
- Jesus has returned to God and now can be present everywhere for all eternity - so he can be our constant friend.
- Improbably, she helps, and stays around to help more, becoming a constant friend.
- I hope you like them, as they'll be your constant friends until you graduate from this class.
- It seemed a good idea to begin with the brush because it was the most constant friend.
- If your child is ill or you are worried, shout to the rooftops or guilt will walk with you as a constant friend.
- My constant companions were thoroughly entertained.