Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- What's to come for all these characters - marriages, consummations, and resolutions - is far from sure.
- This was apparently nothing at all like the consummations that I had previously encountered in my dark marital bedroom.
- In this cultural context the sexual consummation of the relationship may be less rewarding than was anticipated.
- The reality consists of an overriding concern with the physical consummation of their aborted marriage.
- Adultery here is defined even as the consummation of a marriage without the wedding rites.
- The wounded unicorn recovers from its wounds amid obvious symbols of fertility: Symbol in part of the consummation of the marriage, the unicorn is tethered by a gold chain to the pomegranate tree of fertility.
- It is really a prelude to the consummation of the marriage, which takes place typically at the end of the evening, or, in rural areas, at the end of several days' celebration.
- Complaining of a stomach ailment, I had convinced Oglivie to leave the consummation of our marriage bed until tomorrow, when I was feeling better.
- After the consummation of the marriage, there is a period of seclusion until the young couple re-enters society.
- Better than that, it turns out they were married and she fled before the consummation of the marriage!
- Emphasising chastity over consummation, courtship over marriage, and desire over fulfilment, Platonic love inverts much of the medical advice for what Renaissance doctors hold to be healthy in romantic love.
- In Chinese culture, whole pomegranates were rolled onto the floor of the wedding chamber to promote fruitfulness during the consummation of the marriage.
- This, I believe, is the essence of the poem; you believe that through the consummation of a marriage of mind and nature it is possible to create paradise here on earth.
- Sex is the private consummation of a public commitment.
- In a story like way, these paintings display the process of love, ‘that moves from initial flirtations, to the ecstasies of physical love consummation, then to the anxieties of jealousy and rejection’.
- He falls asleep on his wedding night before his bride, Nathalia, enters the bedroom and finds her groom snoring away oblivious to the possibilities of consummation.
- It is about a 15-year-old boy who leaves home for a hobo life, finds companionship, the consummation of first love and a home in a deserted train carriage.
- It was consummation of a long, enduring affair.
- There was no ultimate consummation of their affair, however.
- It represents consummation of the affair between the lovers.