The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de contexto
1Lingüísticacontexto masculinoin context, it could even mean 'hostility' — según el contexto, incluso podría significar 'hostilidad'
- I like visiting the websites and see the words in their original context and formatting.
- The conceptualizations associated with a word will tend to vary somewhat according to the contexts in which the word is used.
- It also results in the legitimate public use of words that in other contexts are regarded as slang.
- Each word in the context signifies the opposite of what it was once meant to.
- Wordsworth likes to take words from a context that is dreadful and render them benign.
- At the end the utterance may be reduced to single words alluding to contexts they once occurred in.
- Surely we can imagine other meanings and contexts for these words.
- Are there some contexts in which that word has a narrower meaning than a reference to a liability to make good any loss?
- The problem is to decide what this means in the context in which the words are used.
- The only relevant inquiry is as to the sense of the words in the context in which they are used.
- What saddens me so much is that very little is being written in the context of the debate.
- It was written in a commercial context and it falls to be objectively construed.
- We must understand the meanings of the words in their contexts.
- I will exhibit the evidence for personal contexts and then say a word about impersonal ones.
- Put another way, he chooses his words carefully, and he chooses the contexts in which they will have most impact.
- They are each asked to spell one word to which they may ask the country of origin and what context the word may be used.
- In these contexts it's not so much a word struggling to express the inexpressible as a word used to sound good and to avoid real thinking.
- It's clear to me that he has either not read the piece properly, or not understood its context.
- Action is revealed in talk and as such talk must be analysed in terms of its context.
- Numerous grammatical items can only be understood if the context is taken into account.
2(situation, background)contexto masculino
- I think if you can understand your contexts then you have power to use this to help yourself.
- It takes long to explain our context so you can understand the impact of such thing in our culture.
- This is down to his determination to place current events in a historical context.
- Yet the contexts within which engagement and idea sharing are invited obviously do not have wide appeal.
- It is far from clear to me that information and computation are meaningful terms outside of such contexts.
- Western managers often have difficulties making new decisions within new environmental contexts.
- Here, military history becomes an aspect of war is best studied in terms of the political contexts that give it meaning.
- It is in our interests to know and understand the contexts in which such values have been shaped.
- To explain the ideas of Nazism without this is to examine ideas outside their social context.
- I had never really attached the plays fully to the social context they came from.
- He analyses events in their context, a very worthy practice for any historian to follow.
- What it does do is examine the situation it has created within the context it has laid out.
- He is also smart enough to understand the context of his personal achievements.
- It was the context within which this was happening that drew me in this time because it seemed to be talking to me.
- Are we defined by the work we do, or do we define ourselves within the context of what we do?
- This will change many times before November, but it is all taking place within a context.
- We are going to be able, within a European context, to be in a more positive position.
- For new readers this can be an advantage, but they become disadvantages in contexts of closer study.
- So in the context of this background, it was perfectly reasonable for Sean to say what he did.
- Social visiting within such contexts is very common and occurs on both an everyday basis and for special events.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!