The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de contravención
1contravención femeninoinfracción femeninoto be/act in contravention of the law — estar/obrar en contravención de la ley
- At the time of the offence, or the contravention, you will never know whether there has been actual recoupment.
- I am trying to think of an example of a contravention of this restraining order that would not turn upon presence in the premises.
- But in both cases, your Honour, one is looking at the misconduct of the contravention.
- You are concerned to identify the contravention and what follows from the contravention.
- The legislature could reasonably have intended severity to be a significant deterrent, bearing in mind the risks to public safety arising from some contraventions of the ordinance.
- But the condition is that there is a reasonable belief that there has been a contravention of the law.
- Not every instance of outsourcing will involve a contravention of this law.
- Why would this not be a contravention of that law on the assumption I have made?
- Well, if you say that there has been a contravention of the hearsay rule, you have to demonstrate the purpose for which the courts used the evidence.
- A recent survey of the site which you occupy, showed a number of contraventions to the site licence and structurally the property appeared to be in a poor condition.
- These powers must be exercised on consideration of the likelihood of damage or distress caused by the contravention of the Act.
- Identifying the alleged contravention of the Act is no idle pleading point.
- They are said to arise from both contraventions.
- The inspection did not identify any contraventions.
- They did not report contraventions of the regulations when they occurred.
- What are the facts that your client would need to prove against the advertising agency to be knowingly involved in a contravention?
- The contravention is complete when the conduct occurs for the proscribed purpose whether or not it achieves its objective.
- If that is right, the contravention lies not in the nature of the implication but in the purpose of the regulation.
- As there are no contraventions of the legislation covering fire precautions, the certificate cannot be cancelled.
- He said that councillors were being asked to vote without full information when a material contravention came before them.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!