The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(factor/cause/circumstance) que contribuye
- Indeed, in many respects, it was a significant contributory factor in bringing it to an end.
- His looks are important, a contributory factor to the success that has made him one of Britain's best known television actors and a regular on the chat-show circuit.
- When we talk about speed being a significant contributory factor in accident casualty rates that is exactly what we mean.
- Importantly this was one contributory factor in the expansion of the demand for labour in those manufacturing and service sectors into which black workers were recruited in the 1950s and early 1960s.
- Psychiatric disorders are the main risk factor, but numerous studies have also identified physical illness as an important contributory factor.
- It is particularly associated with cramps and varicose veins and may be significant in the contributory factors of heart disease.
- I think the lack of corporal punishment is a contributory factor to this lawlessness.
- He may have a point about car parking but, as regards this tragedy, it would seem it has not been a contributory factor.
- She said: ‘Television is a contributory factor but there is also a lot of peer pressure.’
- However, even if such mechanisms have been operational in the past, it is possible that current species richness had another contributory cause.
- Another contributory factor, however, may well have been overwork.
- In others there may be no such contributory factor.
- Other contributory factors may be malnutrition and chronic alcohol abuse.
- Accident investigators found no contributory defects in either car.
- The social plays a part in forming the personal as do many other contributory forces; biological, economic, psychological, environmental and cultural.
- The other great contributory factor is the weather.
- The only known contributory factors to prostate cancer are a fatty diet, and for testicular cancer, heredity.
- Undernutrition is a well known contributory factor to high mortality in children due to infectious diseases.
- Its etiology also is far from homogeneous, with many likely contributory factors.
- Stress, fast-paced life, and irregular and bad food habits are all contributory factors.
2Finance(pension plan) contributivo
- Although less common than 20 years ago many large companies operate a contributory pension fund on behalf of their employees.
- We offer an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical cover.
- In return, the Company offers a competitive salary, a contributory Pension Scheme, life insurance and a company car.
- They are demanding a 30 percent salary increase, abolition of the contributory pension scheme, provision of medical insurance and steps to end contract labour.
- Benefits available for this position include an attractive salary, 25 days holiday, a company car and a contributory pension scheme.
- And by making a social insurance payment, they can avail of certain State benefits, principally the contributory pension entitlement.
- I will shortly qualify for a full old-age contributory pension.
- The agreement also brings improvements including a contributory pension scheme.
- This was the beginning of the contributory, non-means-tested half of the British social security system; in 1925 state insurance for contributory old-age pensions was added.
- The basic state pension is contributory only in the sense that the payment of sufficient contributions is a condition of entitlement.
- The contributory pension is up an enormous 68% since 1997.
- Former secretary of state Alan Johnson briefly flirted with the idea of a universal pension, but the government, like the Tories, seems to believe it would be a mistake to abandon our contributory pension.
- In contributory schemes, companies will commonly match employee contributions.
- The pension fund is now contributory, for example.
- The inter-war years saw the growth of contributory pensions for workers, some occupational pensions - mainly for men - and widows' pensions.
- The contributory income of 400,000 employed was equal to the minimum wage, she said.
- Under the new arrangements, the contributory old-age pension will rise to 167.30 per week.
- I have applied for the contributory old-age pension and I may be entitled to a part-pension from social welfare.
- The union is also stepping up its campaign to have the contributory old age pension increased to 34% of average industrial earnings.
- Many women after spending a life working on farms have no record of any employment and are not entitled to a contributory old age pension.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!