Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Pay hikes awarded to council bosses mirror the highly controversial rises in council tax.
- Ian Waugh looks at the rise of one of the country's most controversial political figures.
- The debate over the use of cannabis in medicine is controversial and emotive.
- It will now have to look at it again, but the controversial issue will first be debated at full Council.
- Proving their controversial claim will be difficult for the two sisters, however.
- Tackling these big and controversial issues early in the third term would make sense.
- Over recent days the controversial issue of the politics of aid has begun to emerge.
- She will be asked to find a solution over the controversial issue of a ban on hunting with dogs.
- He was one of the most controversial figures in colonial religious and political history.
- Anthony is a controversial figure and has a habit of saying things just to drum up a bit of publicity.
- A public inquiry will rule on a controversial plan to site a wind farm on moors north of Bury.
- The bid to put up the mast comes a week before a public meeting is to be held to discuss the controversial plan.
- If an issue is controversial, relevant opinions as well as facts may need to be considered.
- The project has become highly controversial due to the history and sensitivity of the site.
- The event comes to the York area at a time when the issue of waste in the city was never more controversial.
- Under the controversial plan all regiments would have at least two battalions.
- He hardly ever seems to make his mind up about anything and he hates saying anything controversial.
- It will be interesting to see whether this starts a spate of controversial videos in the next few months.
- Now they have reversed the controversial decision after pressure from swimmers.
- This year he also implemented a controversial policy of free school meals for all city children.