The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of contumelia
1contumelia feminine formalafrenta feminine
- They helped us understand what we were up against: the proud man's contumely, the insolence of office.
- You're never going to please everybody, but my feeling is there seems to have been less contumely than might have been expected, because we have taken people with us.
- And why - if they have actually talked to the police and prosecuting authorities - do they dismiss their ‘scepticism’ with such contumely?
- Nursing her injuries by keeping ‘herself in a state of intoxication,’ Lucy heaped contumely on Peter, their children, and neighbors.
- One finds in Wolcot's mock-epic a shower of contumely constantly trained upon epic.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!