The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of conurbación
- The almost relentless growth in property crime of recent decades has affected the whole country - rural areas, small towns, provincial cities, and major conurbations.
- Areas outside the major conurbations and the corridors linking them are still deprived of much necessary infrastructure.
- Each category of settlement - the hamlets, the villages, the towns, the cities, the conurbations - appears to have its own characteristic scale of distance.
- This established a two-tier system of thirty-nine counties and six metropolitan counties for the major conurbations outside London.
- The two reviews considered health authorities as the unit of analysis, but in cities or conurbations it makes sense to consider whole geographical areas.
- Why are the turnover rates in these three conurbations higher in inner city areas and in teaching trusts and more acute in larger cities, particularly London?
- It states that in Africa, Asia and Latin America there are 600 million people living in squatter settlements around conurbations that lack any sanitation infrastructure.
- ‘They are frequently conurbations or city regions such as Amsterdam, Manchester, Singapore or Silicon Valley,’ he said.
- Great cities and conurbations are developed by visionaries who instill pride and optimism in their fellow citizens.
- The stars in the sky glowed with an ambience only seen outside the urban conurbations.
- The area adjoins the Dublin conurbation, and is a designated green belt amenity and agricultural resource base.
- It is in the roads leading to the city centre and those carrying traffic past the major conurbation.
- We can learn a great deal from the experience of other major conurbations across Europe.
- It's likely to be close to a major conurbation with good road and rail links.
- And we will need a pilot somewhere in the UK - probably in a major conurbation or region of the country.
- ‘When Swindon was growing as a new town thousands of young couples were settled in areas to the west and east of the conurbation,’ said Coun Perkins.
- Manchester is a major city at the heart of a large urban conurbation.
- Developers are looking at big cities and Bradford is a large conurbation.
- Greater Milan is the largest conurbation in Italy (though Rome as a city is larger).
- We were promised this super hospital, not just for the city, but for the whole conurbation, because that is what we need.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!