The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de cópula
nombreplural copulas, plural copulae
- In such cases they fulfil the basic requirement of Syriac sentence structure (namely, that the predicate must be conjugated for person) twice: once within the copula, and once within the verb of existence.
- For linguists it is now standard to think of indefinite descriptions following the copula as always being predicational, and it is a widespread belief that definite descriptions following the copula are often predicational.
- In Hungarian, the zero copula occurs only in the third person, and in AAVE it is not permitted in the first person singular.
- The point of Hegel's critique is that there is more to the word ‘is’ than predication: the copula contains the implication that it identifies subject and predicate, rather than merely asserting that the predicate belongs to the subject.
- The copula, is, serves to link the subject and predicate either as a form of classification or identification.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!