The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of alcornoque
- The bark of the cork oak tree, found in Spain, Portugal, and North Africa, can be almost entirely stripped each harvest without harming the tree, which regenerates itself.
- The bark of cork oak trees regenerates, allowing the trees to be safely stripped in nine-year intervals to create natural wine corks.
- The high mountains support typical evergreen forests of firs and cypress, whilst on the lower slopes are to be found such trees as pines, chestnuts, and cork oak.
- Cork is harvested from the cork oak, coming primarily from Portugal, Spain and North Africa.
- Olive groves and forests of cork oak are the Mediterranean environment of the handsome woodchat.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!