The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1pan de harina de maíz masculine
- Any type of bread is great on your feeder tray or tossed on the ground - stale biscuits and bread, crusts, crackers, cornbread, pancakes, bagels, French toast - even doughnuts.
- But whenever one of these classic New Orleans meals came with cornbread, it was the same sweet, yellow stuff I've always known: Northern-style.
- Better to order the soulful steamed littleneck clams in a broth livened by chorizo sausage, with a clever hunk of grilled cornbread to sop up the juices.
- Dinner consisted of beer, cornbread, a bit of cheese and tortilla chips.
- Corn flour cannot be substituted for corn meal for cornbread, whereas corn meal cannot be substituted for corn flour for tortillas.
- If you're interested in ham hocks, cornbread, southern funeral repasts, and the history of soul food, she's the expert.
- You see - my dad can only cook so much - cereal, Chef Boyardee, meatloaf (surprisingly his meatloaf isn't that bad), tacos, and cornbread.
- We were handed a bowl containing a square of white-corn cornbread soaking up the bacon-flavored pinto bean broth along with a cup of sweet, fresh buttermilk.
- The goal was to have them for dinner tonight with some fresh slaw, a sweet corn salad, some good cornbread and beer.
- I was so happy to eat biscuits and cornbread I nearly yelled ‘Yeehaw!’
- Or as food ‘eaten all over the country, but with greater frequency in the South’, like cornbread and biscuits.
- I prepared it the other night, coming home from work: I had cornbread on the mind and I wanted to use up a lonely head of broccoli that was feeling a bit neglected.
- So cornbread has a special value to me, I call it ‘conversion bread’.
- Southerners added their own slant with cornbread and grits.
- The itty-bitty biscuits and cornbread muffins remain in fine form, so the arrival of the breadbasket here is something to anticipate.
- The vadai masala, consisting of whole lentils, hot red chillies, onion, mustard seeds and cilantro, was quite crunchy - somewhere between cornbread and spicy falafel.
- A thicker version is good on warm cornbread or pitas.
- The winning dressing is a Southwestern mix of cornbread and chorizo.
- Guests including Sharon Stone and Christina Aguilera were served southern comfort food including spareribs and cornbread.
- The two finalists are as different as pastrami and cornbread.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!