The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- In addition, experimental flowers that matured a fruit (and therefore received a visit) had significantly larger corollas compared with corollas of flowers that did not initiate a fruit.
- From each plant one randomly chosen, fresh flower was dissected under a binocular microscope to separate the corolla, androecium and gynoecium.
- As is now regarded as typical of bat-pollinated flowers, the corolla is sturdy and the nectary disk is large.
- In contrast, pollinator observations demonstrated that hawk moths visited flowers with larger corollas, and that the probability of producing a fruit for natural pollination plants increased with corolla diameter.
- The internal length of the flower corolla was measured from base to opening.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!