The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The surreal corpulence of the boy is a distraction, and when we watch him steal the only pieces of meat from his uncomprehending blind stepsister's rice bowl we are reminded not of Chaplin but of Fellini.
- It is common for men of the most unwieldy corpulence to crowd themselves into a chair, and demand to be carried for a shilling as far as an airy young lady whom we scarcely feel upon our poles.
- Obesity, especially among children, is to be discouraged, but we mustn't get to a point where corpulence is automatically frowned upon.
- Glasgow and Edinburgh have emerged as the UK's twin capitals of corpulence in a national guide to unhealthy living.
- Although still a bit on the thin side, Eric was not one to let his body waste into corpulence, as his Father seemed content to be doing in his later years.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!