The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of corsario
1(pirate)corsario masculinepirata masculine
- Reputations spread through any community, and the pirates and corsairs knew who they wanted to work with, as well as who they did NOT want to work with…
- The old look out towers had to be manned against corsairs but they also earned their keep as observation points for the lucrative and highly organized hunts for the great shoals of tuna fish.
- Cutthroats, corsairs, and hot-shot pilots we got coming out of our ears.
- European maritime powers paid the tribute demanded by the rulers of the privateering states of North Africa (Algiers, Tunis, Tripoli, and Morocco) to prevent attacks on their shipping by corsairs.
- From beneath his cloak, their follower drew a rusting corsair sabre and menaced the horse with it.
- The Goshawk was probably enough to discourage most pirate corsairs from attacking, but a cruiser was another matter.
- ‘Or at least a hundred pirate corsairs,’ Garcia added.
- ‘I'd rather be in my corsair, but thanks for the offer,’ Gualtero said.
- Could he be a pirate captain, eager to hang my severed head from the bow of his corsair?
- If there were any corsairs docked, they were well disguised…
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!