The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- About a third of homes in the upper Yorkshire Dales are second homes or holiday cottages and three-quarters of house sales are to outsiders.
- Some 40 per cent of the houses are either holiday cottages or weekend havens for wealthy townies.
- Those who live in Prague spend their holidays in country cottages working in the garden and enjoying the outdoors.
- Each has its own problems, made up of a different mix of second homes, holiday cottages, long-distance commuters and the wealthy retired.
- Sixty houses are believed to have been built by him and rented out at moderate rates, and poor children were invited to his country cottage during the summer holidays.
- Many city dwellers still view themselves as partly rural, a fact attested to by a weekend and holiday return to cottages in the countryside.
- They have also refurbished cottages to provide holiday lets for visitors and sportsmen.
- Next weekend I start a week's holiday in a cottage in the Cotswalds.
- Around a dozen estate houses and cottages, a farm and 704 acres of forestry complete the picture.
- It was the simple cottage where he had spent his childhood, recreated in perfect detail.
- We lived in a cozy cottage here and ate simple delicious meals.
- His newest home was a simple cottage, with a small attic under the roof.
- The properties are a mixture of units, town houses, cottages and villas, with an average of two occupants per dwelling.
- Behind the castle was a small village of simple little cottages.
- From the front, the home would be a simple white cottage with a welcoming front porch, topped by a high, peaked black roof.
- What if a very noisy family takes the cottage for a weekend retreat?
- The isolated cottage is surrounded by rolling hills with arable farms, and forest.
- The most popular form of relaxation for city dwellers is to spend a weekend at a country cottage.
- Stepping inside, Allie paused to look around at the cottage's simple elegance.
- Located in an area of great natural beauty, this tastefully restored farm cottage will appeal to those seeking peace and seclusion.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!