The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of campesino
1(al que se le dejaba una vivienda y tierras a cambio de su trabajo) campesino masculineinquilino masculine Chile
- He had also freeborn cottars and slaves to farm his land.
- All villeins and cottars in the Seven Kingdoms gather to celebrate the successful harvests of the summer seasons and to prepare for the coming winter.
- All that could be carried off was taken, all that could not was wasted by the fires they kindled, even onto the humblest grain store-house of the poor cottars.
- Though not free men, they were above the bordars and cottars who held less land, and well above the slaves, who had been numerous in Saxon England.
- Go up into the north and see the cotters living on poorer and poorer than their fathers had been, crowded down and driven off good land on to poor land.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!