Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The documents concerning these efforts to transfer the SIS's duties out of the FBI reflect Hoover's trepidation toward building a foreign espionage and counter-espionage organization.
- The jobs are mainly in administration, but exceptional recruits could in certain circumstances take part in surveillance, counter-espionage and counter-terrorist operations.
- In this role he had responsibility for compiling intelligence dossiers on its enemies; for planning counter-espionage and for establishing and supervising fascist cells operating in the trade union movement.
- Although he had had no formal training on the job, he was quick to grasp the essential elements of espionage and counter-espionage.
- But Mr Fergus did agree with a recent Australian Government decision to increase funding for counter-espionage activities.
- The papers here had a big piece yesterday about counter-espionage, which is apparently going to be done by the FBI.
- He appears to have been a member of Walsingham's and Burleigh's intelligence and counter-espionage networks.
- In the old days of counter-espionage and counter-terrorism, the government would gather this intelligence and use it to expel diplomats or take other action in the foreign-policy arena.
- Kombat includes all main branches like infantry, tanks, artillery and air force plus other like sappers, reconnaissance, counter-espionage and special elements.
- The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation is responsible for internal security, for counter-espionage, for counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism.
- The problem of corporate espionage has become big enough for companies to employ counter-espionage agencies.
- Its powers were gradually expanded over a range of criminal activity and it also took part in counter-espionage operations during both of the world wars.
- And Philby, many years later, proved to have been a Russian spy, working at the very heart of the British counter-espionage service!
- Though some of those who had seen his behaviour alerted the personnel department, it was not thought necessary to move him from his counter-espionage work.
- The ministry's initial mandate was limited to internal security-the suppression of political dissent, counter-espionage, and sabotage.
- MI5, Britain's internal security and counter-espionage agency, is to play a greater role in informing the UK public about terror alerts.
- I had no idea so many women are trained in counter-espionage.
- MI5 wants to expand its counter-espionage service as well as boost its efforts to combat terrorism.
- Each individual was assigned a case officer from a specialist section within the counter-espionage branch to monitor every aspect of the agents' handling.