The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- It would of course be wrong to reject the possibility of mounting a counteroffensive at the initial period of war.
- Should the enemy penetrate the defense, a counteroffensive can be mounted.
- Unlike the Stalingrad counteroffensive, the corps, divisions, regiments and battalions in the main sectors were attacking in two and, sometimes, in three echelons.
- When fuel shortages finally halted the 4th AD, the Germans marshaled reserves and planned a counteroffensive against the Third Army.
- By this time, Ridgway's army had once again crossed the 38th Parallel where its forward units dug into strong defensive ground in anticipation of an enemy counteroffensive.
- During the counteroffensive, the antiaircraft artillery shot down 700 planes.
- Restoring the corps echelon became an urgent necessity as early as the counteroffensive off Moscow.
- The following month, in response to the German counteroffensive in the Battle of the Bulge, Eisenhower, as supreme Allied commander, ordered the French to retreat behind the Vosges.
- What about widening our attack so the counteroffensive takes some time and does larger damage?
- For example, modern armies are capable of defending rather vast areas and launching counteroffensives in the same or smaller areas once reserve forces have moved up.
- The counteroffensive was planned as a single strategic operation by a group of fronts to encircle and destroy all enemy forces that had broken through to the Volga.
- If an enemy's assault faltered, the mobilization could mount a counteroffensive and deliver the knockout blow.
- In the Battle of the Bulge in 1944, cooks, clerks and mechanics from different units joined together to fight well and stave off the German counteroffensive.
- The counteroffensive in the Moscow region marked the beginning of a turning point not only in the course of the Great Patriotic War but also in World War II as a whole.
- Florida's business community - especially its large restaurant and tourism industry - mounted an expensive counteroffensive.
- To preserve and protect current and future sources, he mounted a counteroffensive that required him to trash his original story.
- In the ensuing counteroffensive, four soldiers were killed and four mutineers were beaten to death after being captured.
- The Piedmontese army was unable to withstand the Austrian counteroffensive.
- The US trade representative appeared to demand ‘fast track’ negotiating authority on the grounds it was part of a counteroffensive against terrorism.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!