Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- We talk in his room with its single bed, bumpily spread with a candlewick counterpane in a cosy shade of plum.
- The replica beds with their counterpanes, striped canopy wall direction and curtains together with the warm glow from the twin overbed lamps provide an interior of great style.
- The roomy double bedroom suites were originally plainly decorated, their walls covered with sea grass, the beds under light-colored candlewick counterpanes, and pale Wilton wall-to-wall carpeting.
- He ensured there were Tudor roses on the gowns of the staff and on the Tudor coloured counterpanes of the beds; the roof and stained glass windows were also of royal quality.
- He lay under the thick counterpane in the large bed, his body sinking into the mattress, the mass of pillows holding his head so he could see out through the windows.