The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of cortesana
- Punning on the meaning of grande as tall or as grand in the social sense, the seventeenth-century commentator noted the reference to the courtesans and prostitutes of Venice.
- Geishas broke apart from courtesans / prostitutes sometime around the 1500s- 1600s, so the two are somewhat similar.
- Nobody in Japan would dream of confusing top Gion geisha with high - class courtesans, let alone prostitutes, the myth that continues to prevail about geisha in the West.
- She is not a realistic prostitute, but a courtesan, a prominent figure in Indian literature.
- In our society, women are condemned to be either courtesans or whores.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!