The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1amor cortés masculino
- The fiddle and harp were the most respectable, played by the troubadours and associated with courtly love.
- In the ‘Franklin's Tale,’ Geoffrey Chaucer satirically paints a picture of a marriage steeped in the tradition of courtly love.
- The sense of courtly love as a unique European achievement and hence a key element in establishing European cultural identity was widely discussed in the interwar period.
- Yet this text pre-dates the medieval poetry of courtly love by over a thousand years.
- The cult of the Virgin in the Middle Ages, he argues, led to the courtly love poets, the troubadours, idealising women in their writing.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!