The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cala femininecaleta feminine
- All they found was a small knapsack of books that he had been going to give out when he arrived at the mountain cove.
- Biologists exploring one sheltered cove collected about 268 plant species.
- The trees are rarely as majestic as some of those found in the coves of the Appalachian Mountains.
- While still high, mortality in oak-hickory and oak-pine forests was lower than that of cove and alluvial forests.
- It was set into the mountain side, and trees bent over it, so that it's cove would be hidden by low hanging branches and leaves.
- She reached the hollow entrance in the rocks: the only way to reach the neighboring small cove.
- After judging that he had traveled far enough away from Denholm, Lassat set up camp in a small forest cove.
- I looked up at the little rocky cove above the pier.
- Two: even our sleepy suburban cove had been invaded by traffic.
- Do you ever go down to that little cove below your family's hill anymore?
- I had been in this cove for as long as I could think.
- A worried passer-by spotted the couple sheltering in a cove and phoned for help.
- Finally, satisfied, we launched our silk packet in a corner of the cove sheltered by tall jagged rocks.
- Adjacent to the cove is the wall, which drops to 50m before becoming a sandy slope.
- The surefooted are rewarded with views of sea stacks and coves teeming with more than 160 bird species.
- Rilleta continued walking until she reached her cove, a small hollowed-out hut of earth.
- The creature looked down from the ceiling upon the young boy who was trespassing in his cove.
- Here you will find deserted coves overlooking the South China Sea and the best egg tarts this side of the Algarve.
- Be bold and take some time to explore some of the sheltered coves and quiet bays that can be found at a spot near you.
- The best way to get around the sheltered coves and hidden bays is either on a moped or by boat.
- They can be found in the more sheltered coves along the west coast, including those on Achill.
- Fields of water smack together, foam spitting and curling, but it's sheltered in our cove.
- Farmed salmon are usually held in nets suspended in the shallow waters and sheltered coves of the West Coast.
- There are beautiful white sandy beaches all over the island and sheltered coves overlooked by pine-covered cliffs.
- During the holiday we visited many coves and bays with traditional clapboard houses, some abandoned.
- Indeed, though the island is only 61 km long, there are 38 beaches in sheltered coves.
- At its side is a sheltered cove, just made for relaxing and swimming.
- In a sheltered cove, the small dive boat we are sitting in wobbles slightly on the olive green water.
- We endured it until midday, then chose to find a sheltered cove to take a cooling dip.
- When night falls, it becomes extremely foggy, so they take shelter in a cove.
- There are secluded coves, rocky inlets and long stretches of white sand.
- A single small boat anchored in the cove departed shortly after we arrived.
- We shall put her in the side of a cove, and anchor our ships behind her.
- Then you walk across the beach towards the fishing boats anchored in the shallow cove.
- In narrow inlets and coves, the wave can become focused or amplified, reaching tens of metres in height.
- Its jagged coastline is over 90 miles long, producing hundreds of beautiful white sand beaches, bays, and coves.
- But tourists aren't the only ones flocking to the country's bays, coves, and beaches.
- On the first day we moved around locally, nosing into small bays and coves, or calas as the locals call them.
- Even away from the major seal colonies, many sheltered coves have a resident seal or two.
1tipo masculine informal
- Last night the man took one final comment from a man in the front row, an intellectual-looking cove in a smart suit.
- Rumpole is an amiable old cove.
- Captain, he called himself; looked more like a cove in gent's clothes, if you ask me.
- I thought you well-informed coves might wish to share your knowledge.
- Last Tuesday he took a few pot shots at the hard-working coves in our business section.
- He always struck me as an unconventional cove for whom few things would be off-limits.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!