Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- As a fan of cowcatchers and clacking wheels, Elrond Lawrence tracked Salinas Valley rails into the early 20th century.
- The equipment was mounted on the lower part of the engine's front, right where a cowcatcher would be mounted on a steam locomotive.
- Finally, it can triple as a cowcatcher, much like the ones featured on throbbing steam engines.
- The cowcatcher had been modified to receive one end of a track segment and align pegs to matching hollows in the track.
- A manager's like a snowplow or a cowcatcher, clearing the way so the people who can do their stuff can actually do it.
- Strangely, the films were shot both from the cowcatchers and from other locations on the train.
- Agnes preferred to ride on a platform above the cowcatcher, a nice metaphor for the desire to look ahead in life.
- Get your hands up to your forehead with your forearms protecting your face like a train's cowcatcher.