The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1encogerse (de miedo)they cowered before the Tsar — agacharon la cabeza ante el zar
- The courtier sat in the corner cowering in fear as a hooded figure with an axe stepped closer.
- He cowered in a hedge fearing she would return to run him over, the Feilding High Court was told.
- Now I am one of those parents, the one who makes the principal cower in fear as she walks through the door.
- It is not we who should cower in fear; it is they who should run for their lives.
- Can't decide whether to crouch and cower while I await the apocalypse or run determinedly into it.
- The woman inside sat half out of a sleeping bag, cowering in fear and confusion.
- When it hissed, the very heavens shook, and when it growled, the earth cowered in fear.
- Maybe the rest of the city is quivering in terror, cowering at home, hiding with unconquerable fear?
- How could a town live between those huge monstrous creatures without cowering in fear?
- She was now cowering in fear as it began to charge at her with all of its strength.
- So brave, he was afraid of nothing, and yet, here he was, cowering with fear.
- Phoenix screamed at her parents, who were now cowering in fear at their daughter standing before them.
- One cowered in fear, while the other looked down in loathing.
- Ashley screamed with a look so threatening that the devil himself would have cowered in fear.
- She tried to be strong, to draw courage unto herself, but it failed her and she cowered in fear.
- He stepped closer as she cowered in fear and a beam of moonlight illuminated his face.
- They cower in fear and are thus powerless, because somebody who feels fear is easily controlled, intimidated and subjugated.
- Joel yelled, making Lacey cower in fear of his sudden burst of anger.
- So now I have stacks and racks of digital video tape and I cower in fear of the editing process.
- She could be sucked down the drain and the world would have one less evil dictator to cower in fear from.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!