Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(dandy)petimetre masculine dated
- His manner assures her ‘that he was exactly the coxcomb she had heard him described to be.’
- Wouldn't that be egg all over the face of the dizzy-eyed coxcomb of a Prime Minister.
- As an afterthought, the red-headed girl suddenly added, ‘Good gracious, that Adam Weatherly is such a coxcomb.’
- He was annoyed at the man's insolence but realised he must have appeared a coxcomb in Mr. Howitt's eyes.
- He is a silly and superficial man, a fop or coxcomb.