The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of coyote
nounplural coyotes, plural coyote
- There are 36 species of Canidae, including dogs, wolves, coyotes, jackals and foxes.
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- Eagles, rattlesnakes, deer, pronghorn antelope, foxes, coyotes, and mountain lions roam the area.
- Whitetail deer, coyote, red fox, snowshoe hare and raccoon often make appearances.
- Today Wyoming's Bighorn Basin, home to pronghorns and prairie dogs, coyotes and rattlesnakes, is nearly a desert.
- Their predators include great horned owls, bobcats, cougars, coyotes, and foxes, so wariness is in their blood.
- Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.
- Major predators of the otter include sharks, killer whales, coyotes, brown bears and even eagles.
- A mixed pack of coyotes and wild dogs had found the open gate.
- Grizzly bears and bison were exterminated, and coyotes and prairie dogs were shot on sight and poisoned.
- Adult red foxes may also be attacked by coyotes, wolves, or other predators, but this is rarely in order to eat them.
- Sometimes falling prey, on land, to wolves and coyotes, the otter's principal enemies are humans.
- Predators, such as coyotes, swift foxes, and skunks, are a major problem for ground nesting birds.
- The virus is carried by a number of wild animals, including coyotes, foxes, and some wolves.
- The red wolf is larger than a coyote and smaller than a gray wolf.
- Wolves tend to eat larger prey, like elk - but coyotes prey on young antelope.
- Also, coyotes were often observed hunting rodents in the cranberry bogs at the rendezvous site.
- With a blink, his eyes adjusted and decided it was either a wild dog or a wolf or a coyote.
- These animals clearly act like coyotes and not wolves.
- Dogs and coyotes have been injured and even killed by llamas.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!